This homemade mayonnaise recipe is easy to make from scratch. It’s rich and creamy and made with only six ingredients. It’s so good you won’t believe you made it yourself!
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 2 pinches sugar
- 2 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 cup oil (e.g., peanut oil, extra virgin avocado oil)
- You want the egg and oil to be at room temperature. In a glass bowl, whisk together egg yolk (no egg white) and dry ingredients. Combine lemon juice and vinegar in a separate bowl, then thoroughly whisk half into the yolk mixture.
- Start whisking briskly, and then start adding the oil a few drops at a time until the liquid seems to thicken and lighten a bit. Once you reach that point you can relax your arm a little and increase the oil flow to a constant stream. Once half of the oil is in, add the rest of the lemon juice mixture.
- Continue whisking until all the oil is incorporated. Leave at room temperature for 1-2 hours, then refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Serves: 16 (1 tbsp per serving)
Approximate nutritional analysis per serving: 124.2 calories (0.2 grams of protein, 1 grams of carbohydrates, 13.9 grams of fat, 0.1 grams of fiber).