Good Morning Oats
Delicious, nutritious, and convenient. This quick and easy recipe makes eating a balanced meal simple and tasty. Enjoy!
- ½ cup old fashion oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (any type, must be less than 50 calories in a serving)
- 1 TBSP raw chia seeds
- 1 TBSP honey (organic when possible) or maple syrup
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of fresh berries (any type)
- 2 TBSP pumpkin seeds
- In a jar (pint size or larger Mason Jar recommended), place the oats, milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and honey (or maple syrup).
- Cover and shake ingredients and refrigerate for at least 8 hours overnight.
- In the morning, top or mix in berries and pumpkin seeds.
APPROXIMATE NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS PER SERVING: 453 calories, 15 grams of protein, 68 grams of carbohydrates, 15 grams of fat and 15 grams of dietary fiber.