Detox Drop Carrot-Ginger Soup
Not only is this recipe yummy soup recipe healthy, delicious, and good for you, it’s simple to make. Packed with yum, this soup not only fits within the DETOX DROP program, it can be enjoyed at any time.
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 4 cups finely chopped carrot (about 1-¼ pound)
- 3 cups russet potato, peeled, and cubed (about 1 pound)
- 1 TBSP fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 3 (15.75 oz) cans fat-free, no sodium added chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 bay leaves
Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add both onions; sauté 3 minutes. Add carrot and potato; cook for 1 minute. Add ginger and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Cover. Reduce heat; simmer 1 hour. Discard bay leaves. Place. 6 cups in a food processor; process until smooth. Return to pan and stir well.
TIP: Enjoy this soup as a fast carb portion when part of a fat burning meal or as a fat burning snack by itself. Portion size is 1-2 cups.